First Things First: Deciding Upon A Date
You have announced your engagement, now you need to settle upon a date for the desired event. Firstly, you should determine the time of year you wish to have your wedding.
- Will this time of year best fit into the plans and work schedule of you and your groom?
- Perhaps, you have a special date that is meaningful to you and/or your groom.
- If you have a honeymoon location in mind, be sure this would be an ideal time of year to go there.
- If you have a color scheme in mind for your wedding decor and bridal party attire, this may help you narrow your choice for season and vice versa.
- Have you allowed yourself enough time to schedule the wedding of your dreams?
Okay, you have a proposed date in mind, now you will want to consult:
Once a date is settled on, you will need to create a calendar for you and your groom to organize your time and insure all important aspects of your wedding are appropriately addressed.
- Important family and friends to avoid scheduling conflicts
- Desired Ceremony/ Reception site for availability
- Desired clergy or ceremony officiator for availability